Saturday, October 13, 2012

turning the back of a shirt to lace

So my mother in law let me borrow her sewing machine and I need to share this expierence, and if you are a sewer youll completely understand. So she brought me her sewing machine and threaded it for me and everything, didnt show me how to threat both needles just did it for me. Showed me some stitches on a practice piece of scrap. You know basic sewing stuff. So then she left and im attempting to sew on my own...bobbin keeps falling out all the strings kept getting tangeled ive been working with this sewing machine for 3 days now and have STILL not accomplished any sewing project. I even replaced the needle. So anyway, I ended up HAND sewing this because I already bought the material and I wasnt gunna let it get wasted by this worthless sewing machine that was NOT being compliant with me. Heres a short tutorial on how I did this one
First I cut the back of the shirt off like this.
 so only the front of the shirt is left to work with. I then laid the lace material (got at walmart for 4.99 a yard but I only used a half a yard or less) behind the backing of the shirt that I cut off and SAVED..
that is the back part of the shirt ^
Then I cut the lace around kinda like tracing it.
I sewed the "back lace" onto the front and sewed it like it would be inside out and then trimmed all the string up at the end flipped it right side out and wa laaaaa..



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment